Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Sakinaw Lake day for the boys and Mom

I went back to work in mid-August and ended up only working two days that week because the VIU campus had an unplanned water shut-off so I make a quick decision and headed over to the Peninsula with the boys for the day to visit with my Auntie Carol, Uncle Garry, my dad and Grace. It was a super fun day of swimming, paddle boarding and more swimming! This is the second year in a row we've gone and I definitely think it's going to end up being up being an annual day trip for us!

We walked onto the ferry with our stuff and Grandpa picked us up on the other side for the short 10 minute drive to the cabin!

It was a day trip but we had to take life jackets and I figured the rolling suitcase would be the easiest, and it certainly was because this big guy insisted on pulling it!




This kid can play with cars for hours!

And this one loves to draw! The ferry ride was over before I knew it!

Almost there and so thankful for a beautiful day!

Patiently waiting to go in the water!

The beautiful view from the top deck of the cabin



They're sun-screened, life jacketed and all ready to go in! 



Now here's the water camera photos from our first swim out to the water trampoline







They love this thing and talk about it all year round!


He abandoned his life jacket and was ready to go for it!





Going back with Auntie Carol on the paddle board so had to put his jacket back on!






It was a lot of exercise for this mom, cause this guy didn't really swim, he just bobbed up and down and let me pull him...all the way there and back 2 times! 

Cute picture of Jordie and Grandpa!

My turn at paddle boarding..and I loved it!

Video of me paddle boarding

Having some yummy lunch and a little break from swimming!


After the first swim out he ditched the life jacket and just used a noodle. His swimming has really improved and I trusted him...except for the one time he jumped off the trampoline to get the noodle and I thought he was going to drown as he kept swimming towards the noodle and it kept floating further away. And the further he got from me the more I panicked wondering if I would get to him in time. Truly one of the scariest moments since I became a mother.

This time wasn't a super far swim...but still nerve wracking for Mom

Helping shuck the corn before dinner

After swimming supper swimming

I LOVE this picture of Jordie and my Uncle Garry! Truly one of my favorite photos from the whole summer! 

This was shortly before we had to leave for the ferry and he just wanted to swim one more time...so Uncle Garry supervised while I visited with Carol, Grace and Wayne on the deck.

Back at the ferry and poor little man fell and skinned his knees. He was such a trooper that day and was so so tired but did really good.

Ouch!

One last cute picture from just before we walked off the ferry. I wrote a blog post shortly after this day telling about a wonderful thing that a very kind man said to me on the ferry that evening.
That blog post is here if you want to read it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment