Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Couples Whistler Getaway - Valentine's Day Weekend 2016

And we're off! Theresa bought a selfie stick and we had to try it out on the ferry. Was hard to get everyone in there but you can actually see all of us :)

We made it to Whistler and here's a few pictures of the condo we stayed at

Yes, we all shared one room! It was cozy but fun at the same time!

The kitchen was tiny but useable


Should have taken a picture before we piled our crap there...this table looked like this all weekend! 

Bathroom...with sauna on the left that you can't see

The boys starting the fire and checking out the stereo

SO NICE to have a wood burning fireplace in there. Made it feel so cozy and warm!

Kev had to turn on the Coor's Beer sign because he said it was great mood lighting

Nice face Kevin!

This one's better!

Trying on the awesome 80's pink and purple snowsuit. This brought us a good half hour of constant giggles and tons of photos!








Hahahahahaha....I have no idea why the hell Jim jumped on top of Sean but of course I had to take a picture of it! Jim claims it was consensual :)







Next up was Ash's turn
 



She DEFINITELY wore it best!

AND then Jim's turn




Let's just say he had a bit of a tough time getting the zipper done up!



BUT HE DID IT!

And he was quite proud of himself

He found a comb and thought he needed to primp





Yup, Ash definitely wore it best!





Saturday morning we headed into the village and started looking around. We parked near the rings and were all excited to take some pictures there. 

This was a full picture with the rings but Sean photobombed it and ruined it so I had to crop to us...which is fine because it's a good picture this way too!




My favorite of the 6 of us!

And this is how these 3 roll when I ask for a photo!




Finally....one good one!

Now we're into the shops and trying on hats





And making funny faces


Saturday afternoon we got all bundled up to go and do the tube park. This was a random photo that Sean took while I was clearly taking the following photos!







The other girls had cute hats, I borrowed Sean's hat that Grandma made him!

hahahahaha...we are such dorks!

Remember what I said about these 3....I love the shocked look on Kevin's face





And we got the selfie stick to work! This is a cute picture!

A true caught off guard smile from Ash

And my adorable hubby!

Just about to get in the truck to head up the mountain

At least we got the 3 girls in this one

And now we're waiting for the rest to get out of the truck

Just about ready to get our tubes and head up


This seemed like a super long walk the first time we did it! I'm glad I brought my waterproof camera so that I could get some great pictures and videos.

Waiting to go down the first run





Please keep in mind that 1) I was sick and had almost no voice left 2) it was my first run and it was way faster than I thought it would be and 3) I was clearly quite scared!












On what we thought was our last run of the day they finally let us go in groups...so of course we did a boys together and girls together!



Just one photo and 2 videos of the girls run



We got done that run and Kevin convinced us all to do just one last run as couples together




Off they go!



And a few of me and Jimmy!


We were done after probably 8 or 9 runs down the mountain and we took one more photo as we walked across the bridge back to the parking lot

Saturday night we got dressed up and went to an old junior high friend's house for a drink before supper. This is Jimmy and I just before we left the condo.

Then we went to the Garibaldi Lift Co for dinner and a few couple photos



By far the GLC was the best meal we had all weekend! Jim and Sean got the pulled pork flatbreads

I got the most yummy honey garlic chicken bites I have ever tasted

Kev's burger 

Theresa's lettuce wraps 

And Ash's fish tacos 

Jim looks funny with his mouth full of food but the rest of us look good!

The village is beautiful at night!




Saturday night we played some Cards Against Humanity but after a long day and a night without a lot of sleep on Friday none of us were really feeling it. And I was so sick and literally couldn't talk, I had to play the game by whispering.

But here is the proof that I did actually drink while we were away. However, it was paralyzers, which don't work so great when you have a cold and don't want to drink too much milk! 

On Sunday morning Ash and I sat on the couch in front of the fire and literally talked for 4 hours. It was exactly what I needed with how crappy I was feeling. 

While we sat and did nothing these 4 went back to the village to do the Peak 2 Peak gondola and I apologize to them if these pictures are out of order! Because I didn't go I have no idea what order you saw everything in!


























































 Some quiet time on Sunday afternoon before we headed back to the village for the fire and ice show

Ash was the hairdresser for the weekend. She did 3 different braids in my hair throughout the weekend and of course Jim was jealous so she had to do his hair too!






They went to Starbucks and surprisingly without asking how their names were spelled the lady actually spelled all 3 of their names perfectly!


One last picture of just me and Jimmy in front of the rings.


One of the theme's of the weekend was "where's Jim?" He seemed to just wander off and someone would ask where he was. We went into a bookstore and Kev found a book called Finding Jim and we all had a great laugh!

Here are some videos of the Fire and Ice Show because the pictures didn't really turn out that great!





One last group shot after the show before we headed out of the village to go back to the condo

I invited my friend Keith to come along too because the night before when we were at his place before supper I couldn't really chat and I wanted to catch up with him a bit.

One of just the two of us! When we were young teenagers we were best friends and then he moved to Vancouver just before we started Grade 10 and we kinda lost touch after high school. Good old FB though, he saw I was in Whistler and decided to get in touch to see if we could meet up. It was great catching up with him after so many years!

Unfortunately Sunday ended on a bit of a low note for us. Here is a blog post about what happened with our son Jordie. I wanted to explain why there were no more pictures after this one.

Overall we had a great trip with tons of fun and tons of laughter! It was the first time we've ever all been away together somewhere...and to have some time together as just couples was a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment